Forum > Pazaak deck images for accurate printing

sinsix
2015-05-11, 04:50
I am very new to KOTOR(Traditionally I have hated RPGS. Just recently got KOTOR on my tablet and I love it.) and the RPG world. But having just got KOTOR I fell in love with PAZAAK. Immediately, I thought I would surely be able to find a deck online. I was wrong. So, I did some investigating and found printing sites that allow you to print 100% customizable cards. BINGO! Now, I need to find the images. I found plenty. Some were sub par. Some were ok. Some were great, just not accurate depictions of the KOTOR cards. So, being pretty handy with Photoshop, I decided to make my own.(Currently, I am awaiting their arrival from somewhere in Hong Kong.) Anyhow, having made myself some accurate recreations, I figured there were other folks out there with the same issue. Or maybe not, as this game is old as Hell. :) Either way, i uploaded my PNGs to Photobucket. Feel free to use them for personal use. I would prefer you not actually sell them. But who am I, the police? ;)

Pazaak cards

Comments/Concerns/Criticism welcome.

I did add a brushed metal look to the cards that you cannot see in the game. But we are talking about a decade plus old game. So, there were limitations. If you want them recreated with the flat, pale backing, let me know. I will hook you up.

-sinsix
No, thanks.

DarthRevan
2015-05-11, 07:43
Thanks for sharing them!
Developer of Pazaak Cantina.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope (HK-47)

sinsix
2015-05-11, 12:54
You are very welcome! If it helps one person avoid scouring the web, just to end up frustrated, then it was definitely worth it. :)
No, thanks.

gjlopeman
2015-05-12, 23:57
Any chance you could dropbox over the .psd files? I would love to look at your design process.

sinsix
2015-05-13, 02:02
Sure. I will PM you to get things started. All I ask is that you do nothing with malicious intent or profit in mind. I made them to help folks out by filling a void that I experienced, myself. I don't want to see people having to pay for them in any fashion. Not exactly as complicated as a Mogwai, but I do have rules. :)
No, thanks.

gjlopeman
2015-05-16, 05:57
No problem at all I just want to look at your build. I also might play with them a bit but I love the design.

sinsix
2015-06-02, 17:53
Everything finally arrived!

PZ03.jpg

PZ02.jpg

PZ01.jpg
No, thanks.

CWolf
2015-09-27, 02:41
What company did you use to make them?
What is the makeup of the cards? By that I mean what thickness and material did you order, varnish or coating, etc...
[i]Insert witty/serious quote here[/i]

sinsix
2015-09-27, 02:58
I used thegamecrafter.com to make them. They are midrange as far as card quality. I have used better, but have also used much less. They come ready to play. Check out their site, as it gives full specifics of material and thickness. For the cost, I am 105% pleased. Let me know if you want any specific pictures for reference.
No, thanks.

Starsider
2015-10-25, 20:53
Wow, these are so cool. Definitely gonna get some.

Starsider
2015-10-25, 20:54
Oh, and thanks for sharing!

sinsix
2015-10-25, 20:57
You are most welcome. I am glad you like them. I have gotten much enjoyment out of my set. :)
No, thanks.

jaing
2016-11-21, 15:44
could you send me a copy of your file for the cards please ?

sinsix
2016-11-21, 16:41
That has been so long ago, I do not have the file any more. Best I can do is point you to the Photobucket page with the individual cards. It is linked above. Sorry, brother. :(
No, thanks.

saraedward
2016-12-16, 11:16
thanks everyone

Phenex77
2017-08-26, 05:35
Hey im using thegamecrafter.com and what size and type of cards dis you use? The images from the photobucket page I have copied and when I try to create the cards, they get cut when i view them in the proofing section. Anything you can remember would really help, I absolutely love your designs.

sinsix
2017-08-26, 13:57
I believe there will always be clipping, based on info I read on TGC's site. I had mine cut on 3.5' x 2.5' cards. I cannot remember if that is the poker deck or the bridge deck, as it has been ages ago. I think it is the poker deck, though. Mine turned out great. Nothing important clipped.
No, thanks.

Phenex77
2017-08-26, 18:19
Ok cool, I decided to go with the poker deck. If you remember anything else, info would be highly appreciated. Once again thank you so much for the images.

sinsix
2017-08-28, 19:25
I cannot think of anything you need to know. TGC did a great job. They were ready for use upon arrival. I would suggest picking up a Star Wars double deck of cards and tin. I found them in the toy section at Walmart. $3 or so. Two decks of cards(with box) and a metal tin to hold them. I took the cards out and use the boxes and tin for my Pazaak cards.
No, thanks.

Phenex77
2017-08-28, 20:13
Thats a great idea! Was thinking about ordering a custom box, but getting one for cheap at walmart just saves time. It will be some time before they ship them since im like 270th in line.

sinsix
2017-08-28, 20:47
It goes quicker than you would imagine.
No, thanks.